Gaming In The Time Of COVID

As with most things, COVID has impacted all activities.  The last time my gaming group meet was back in March.  We all thought that this would blow over very quickly.  Well...that's not what happened.


For the last few months, I've been playing solo boardgames.  I've played a lot of Corsair Leader, Space Infantry, World At War, and Lock 'n Load Tactical.  These have been great to play and actually rekindled my love of chit based gaming.  But, I was still wanting to push some miniatures across the table.


I pulled out my 15mm sci-fi stuff and even setup a table ready to throw down. 

"After a terrorist attack, and long delay, the power was back on in Night City"

 
I pulled out Five Parsecs from Home and Hardwired rule sets.  I created crews, and got things all ready to go.   But, I then lost interest.  I was tired of the sci-fi setting.  Sci-fi has always been my go-to for solo gaming.  I wanted something different.  I looked at fantasy, but didn't want to game there.

I started to think of a Weird War II setting.  I was thinking of using the Pulp Alley rule set.  It's a great system that's fast and easy to modify.  I started looking around for any WW2 stuff that has already been created for the Pulp Alley rules.  There was some stuff out there, but nothing that was really tantalizing.

But then I came across...

Airborne of Shadow Deep by Tereydavi over at The Lone Warrior blog.  Airborne of Shadow Deep takes the Rangers of Shadow Deep rules and tweaks a few things.  It changes it from a fantasy setting to a WW2 one.  This is exactly what I was looking for!  I could pull out my Bolt Action/Konflikt '47 miniatures and put them to good use.  I could run an elite squad through eastern Europe and battle the Thule forces for the Third Reich.  Now this is a setting that sparks my interest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AAR 3 - The Infected Trees

AAR 2 - The Missing Informant

First battle AAR 1 - Scouting out Umbra Adâncă